Sunday, December 14, 2014

I Won't Forget

I won't forget my moms 2 miscarriages. I won't forget my first dog.  I won't forget my first grade teacher.
I won't forget how much I hated my fourth grade teacher.  I won't forget the moment I learned to ride a bike.

I won't forget the first time I heard T.O.P.  I won't forget my first date.  I won't forget being embarrassed.  I won't forget what she said to me on the bus even though I want to.  I won't forget Craig.  I won't forget or forgive myself for what I did that night.  I won't forget when I moved.

I won't forget getting the lowest score in the class.  I won't forget the first night that me and my best friend hung out.  I won't forget the first time I snuck out.  I won't forget this class.  I won't forget the screen door at my old house.  I won't forget the time when the baby bird fell out of the tree.  I won't forget her face even though her name is lost forever.  I won't forget that man on the street in Oregon.  I won't forget those glasses. 

I won't forget what I saw that night.  I won't forget the look of disappointment in his face or the sound of it in his voice.  I won't forget the stars or the moon.  I won't forget that stupid red hoodie.  I won't forget when I accidentally tripped my sister. 

I won't forget the importance of remembering. 

I won't forget the importance of forgetting.

I will always remember what it feels like to forget.

2 comments:

  1. mmhmmm I loved this post. simple but powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always remember what it feels like to forget.

    That hit me like a wall.

    ReplyDelete