Saturday, March 7, 2015

Hope

I'm still kind of pissed so here are some thoughts (listen to the song Truce while you read >)
 

Hope is a powerful word

 It has a powerful meaning  It's a lot more than a word

Hope is why I get up in the morning 

Hope is why I push myself to be better.  

Hope is why I'm here. 

 It sucks to lose hope. Actually it's the worst freaking thing can happen to you. 

 But what do I know?

 Did Terik and Hunter loose sight of Hope?  

I don't know.  

I didn't know their situation.  I didn't know their problems.  I didn't know what they hoped for.  

And that's my problem, I never tried to know. 

 And That's not just my problem, that's my guilt, that's my shame.  

 If 12 years of school has taught me anything it's that life can suck.

But 18 years of life and Mr. Nelsons creative writing class has taught me that you can always 

find Hope again. 

I know that in school we are not supposed to talk about religion or God.  

But I can't help but think that if we did Terik and Hunter might still be here.

There is a God.

And he is why I get up in the morning.

He is why I push myself to be better

He is why I am here.

So I choose to stay

So if you find yourself throwing open the door and stepping onto the balcony

facing your own mortality

Take a second and push out that voice in your head

Look up and step back

Remember why you're here

 Because there is always a reason for you to stay
   
Find what's important to you.  

Find your reason to live, choose to stay.  

And remember that there is always someone that knows exactly the kind of Hell you're going 

through.

                                                                  |-/ Stay Alive

2 comments: