Saturday, September 27, 2014

These Bricks are Heavy

I've been carrying these bricks for a while

I can't find a good place to put them 

I don't want someone else to find them and pick them up

Because these bricks are heavy

I remember when I found them

They looked so nice
different colors
different shapes

they told me that these bricks were beautiful
but none of that matters because my back is breaking from all that "beauty"
I find a cliff and dump the bag
I look out and see others
dumping their bricks
I see the smiles on their faces

I see their backs straighten up

I see them glow

Together we fly off to places unknown

We see the people on the ground, bags over shoulders

Why can't they fly?

What's weighing them down?

2 comments:

  1. really really cool. Great thoughts, great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this. sometimes my bag gets to heavy with bricks also but i never know where to dump them out

    ReplyDelete